Sunday, March 31, 2019

March Wrap-Up

Our biggest event in March was the arrival of Stella. We are almost one month into her three month stay and all has settled in. We got her enrolled at West High, which is an enormous school with 4,000 students! Coming from a small school, and English being her second language, I was so impressed with her courage to jump in and do her best.



A very friendly and darling student we know from church, Kate Baron, showed her around and befriended her that first day, but since then Stella has made a steady stream of her own friends.

Overall, the transition to a new person in the house has gone smoothly. When Tennie comes home on the weekends we are most definitely a full house, but we have loved getting to know Stella and the process of weaving her into our lives.

Geoff and I did a 3-day juice fast. I never got to the point of feeling good on this cleanse, but I'm sure it was good for me.


Just a few days later I got sick and have been sick since (nearly two weeks). I think allergy season has kicked in, even though nothing has bloomed yet, and I may be developing (or reviving) a cat allergy, which doesn't bode well for Mila. Whatever it is, I am not only stuffy and coughing, but have asthma-like symptoms (having one very scary acute asthma attack), pink eye and have several canker sores down my throat. My immune system is still fighting away valiantly!

I have no idea why Tennie was dressed up like this, but I captured it.


One weekend these three declared an errand a "secret mission" as Russian spies.


Those wigs! Stella even joined the fun!


We went to Mozart's A Magic Flute, which was disappointingly one of the most torturous few hours for all of us. I have made a vow never to sit through it again, although maybe at a different venue it would be better. I'll never know...


Stella had Spring Break this last week. We went to Park City to Main Street and the outlets, visited Tennie in Provo, she shadowed Adele at school one day and joined Adele with her friends a few times, and overall has kept herself quite engaged.


We also took a couple Apple Store free photography classes, which was awesome! I learned so many tricks on my phone!

Babs and I finally completed a life story!


And this weekend Ingrid and most of her kids came down for a visit. Most of the gathering took place yesterday. A parking lot isn't the most glamorous backdrop for a cousin photo, but there most of them were!


We spent the afternoon at a park and then gathered at Zulu Grill for dinner.


While we adults finished eating, I'm pretty sure every cousin fit into Britt's car with dog Fynn. It was pretty squeezy.


And some of our car rides to and from various places were a bit crowded too, as everyone always wanted to be in the same car.


Geoff and Ceci made it home from Morocco, Stella's and Ceci's Spring Break is over, cousins went home and tomorrow life will go on as normal.

It was a good month.

No comments:

Post a Comment