Friday, November 24, 2017

Paris - Day 5

We were exhausted and indulged in a relaxing morning. But then the trains took longer than we planned. By the time we got to Versailles it was 3:00, just enough time to tour the inside, but not enough time to explore the grounds. (I'll admit I was a bit grumpy about it.) Adele learned to ride her bike on the grounds of Versailles nine years ago, and we had seen a good portion of it during that visit, but I really wanted to explore Marie Antoinette's little village and palace. Humph! Next time.







We DID get to tour the inside, which was closed while shooting a movie during our last visit. WOW. This is opulence at its finest. This is what causes a revolution!




We got split up walking through the palace, and Geoff, Adele and Ceci decided to explore a bit of the grounds instead of the various indoor halls.





I bought a biography about Marie Antoinette while at Versailles and read it over the following weeks. I wished I had read it before the visit, but then I would have been REALLY grumpy about missing the grounds!

We walked to the new LDS temple and served inside. It was beautiful and peaceful.


No comments:

Post a Comment