Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April Wrap-Up

April Fools kicked off April with Adele and her friend smoking candy cigarettes in the school parking lot and the rest of her group of friends running out to stop them to tell them it wasn't worth it. Those are some good friends!

We gathered for General Conference and soaked in all the great messages. Tennie and Ceci made the tiramisu on their own this year and nailed it!


The Easter bunny came early since Tennie wouldn't be with us on Easter.


A few of us went to hear Geoff's business partner, Randy Shumway, speak at the private Alta Club. I've always wondered who and what went on in that building I pass so often!


While we were enjoying beautiful, sunny California, Tennie was taking finals and finishing her first year of university! She will be home for a few weeks while she finds some summer work. We'll take all of her we can get! She accompanied Geoff to a meeting to visit a local company that takes carbon from the atmosphere and turns it into usable products like tires. I love creative, problem-solving people!


I went to the doctor and found I am anemic. After a few weeks of iron supplementation I'm still not showing any movement in my iron levels, so I'm adding liver pills to my health arsenal (better than eating it!) That has been some low-energy fun.

Ceci and her small project team (which includes cousin Bailey) have been working on a community action project all month. As part of bringing awareness to homelessness they walked around the Salt Lake public library interviewing willing homeless people (not as many were willing as they had hoped!)


Bailey invited Ceci to the pre-showing of Endgame, which Ceci was over the moon about, as you can imagine. (Uncle Mike always gets cool tickets to stuff like this, t-shirts included!)


I don't know why Adele took this selfie, but I got a hold of it and think it is too cute not to include...


And in the nooks and crannies of our month we had an unusual amount of minutia to deal with, but we're making progress on getting on top of our lives after being in all directions for awhile, which is really nice.

I can't believe we're down to one month left of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment